Norwegian Cruise Line Alaska Cruises
NCL's Alaska is a Free-Spirited Adventure. With towering mountains of brilliant blue glaciers and up-close encounters with migrating whales, Alaska is definitely larger than life. And you'll want to see it all. From the Inside Passage - where NCL offers more ships and more itinerary options than ever before - to Prince William Sound, NCL will show you the Alaska you've only dreamed of. And with the freedom of Freestyle Cruising you can choose from 7, 10 or 11 Day Alaska cruises so you'll have time to do it all.
Norwegian Cruise Line Ships
|Ship Name||Star Rating||Year Built||Gross Tonnage|
4 Norwegian Cruise Line Ships
Norwegian Alaska Cruises Overview
For more than 40 years, Norwegian Cruise Line has broken the boundaries of traditional cruising, providing cruise enthusiasts innovative experiences at sea. As the cruise industry has developed and changed over the years, NCL has not only changed with it, they have driven the changes of what is now modern cruising, most notably the freedom and flexibility of the lines signature Freestyle Cruising.
With extensive itineraries on an award-winning fleet of contemporary ships, you'll have plenty of Freestyle options to choose from. Dress up. Dress Down. Eat somewhere different every day, on your own schedule. Embrace a moment of peace and sweeping ocean views from your balcony or gather the family for a race down plunging waterslides. Enjoy live entertainment every day and every night. Explore the modern fitness centers, expansive spas, fun kids and teens programs, wine tastings, an always-exciting casino and more. On a Norwegian cruise, its all up to you.
And that is exactly why Freestyle Cruising is such an easy, carefree cruise experience Norwegian Cruise Line has designed the entire cruise experience around giving you the option to choose. Whether you're onboard or on shore, you can do as much or as little as you please.
Onboard Activities & Entertainment
With Freestyle Cruising, you'll discover something you won't find on other cruise lines - freedom. Freestyle Cruising offers diverse and exciting restaurants, a more relaxed dress code and more things to see and do. And that's just the beginning. They've designed the entire cruise experience around giving you the option to choose. It's proven to be very popular with their guests, and it's only available with NCL. Now is the time to come see how different a cruise can be.
- Like to stay active? Work up a sweat on the basketball, tennis and volleyball courts, climbing wall, or mini-golf course.
- Even the kids have options on Norwegian. They can choose to plummet down waterslides in the Aqua Park, duel new friends on the two-story Wii Wall, catch SpongeBob at exclusive entertainment with Nickelodeon* or have totally just the best time in the complimentary youth programs, Splash Academy and Entourage.
- What about relaxation, you say? Soak up the sun around the adults-only Spice H20* pool or step into the oasis of the Mandara Spa get a couples hot stone massage, relax in the hydrotherapy pool or take advantage of a variety of facial, massage and medi-spa treatments.
- Stroll through the Norwegian Art Gallery and onboard boutiques, or participate in a number of daily activities that include trivia contests, deck parties, karaoke, bingo, and foreign language, cooking and dancing classes.
Norwegian Cruise Line ships are destinations unto themselves, filled from top to bottom with tons of award-winning fun and excitement. Whether it's catching a Broadway show, dancing the
night away, or laughing out loud to a comedy troupe, the party never stops.
- Spectacular stage shows feature world-class performers starring in contemporary dance and Broadway-style headline musical acts, plus enjoy side-splitting standup comedy acts and awe- inspiring magic shows.
- Dont miss the signature White Hot Party with electrifying black lights and a night full of dancing under the stars and dont forget to don your white attire!
- Other nightly activities include the award-winning casino, themed parties, nightclubs, and musical performances in one of the many clubs and lounges.
- Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club* showcases nightly live blues and jazz performances from the incredible talents of resident musicians, including blues star Slam Allen.
- Laugh the night away at the Second City* comedy club with a renowned comedy troupe and improvisational sketch comedy.
- Clap and sing to your favorite songs at Howl at the Moon* dueling piano show in Headliners Comedy Club.
Bars & Lounges
With up to a dozen different bars and lounges and everything from specialty martinis to buckets of beer you can try something new each night.
See and be seen in the hip Bliss Ultra Lounge & Night Club with DJs spinning the hottest hits. Shakers Cocktail Bar is the perfect spot to meet with new friends for drinks before and after dinner. At OSheehans Neighborhood Bar & Grill you can grab a cold draft beer, order delicious fish and chips or play a game of pool all in the same place.
Other popular bars and lounges include Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar, The Humidor Cigar Lounge, Posh Beach Club, Spice H20, Mixx, Spinnaker Lounge, Champagne Bar, English Pubs, and dont forget the casino and poolside bars.
Looking for Action and Excitement? You will find everything you're looking for in Norwegian Cruise Lines award-winning Casinos at Sea. With all they have to offer, you'll never want to leave. Whether you're a veteran player, or just getting started, you'll feel right at home in their sizzling casino. Most feature Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Let It Ride, Caribbean Stud Poker, 3-Card Poker, Baccarat, Video Poker, 24-Hour Slots, and the highest table limits at sea.
Sports & Fitness
Sports enthusiasts rejoice - Norwegian cruise ships offer a variety of ways to stay active on vacation. Also try out the batting cages, Aqua Park, climbing walls and mini-golf course.
Enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the ocean from the jogging and walking tracks, or through the large picture windows as youre breaking a sweat on the treadmills in the Fitness Center. The state-of-the-art fitness centers on Norwegian cruise ships feature an aerobic room, free weights, and cardio machines with flat screen TVs. Plus, take a class in Pilates, Yoga, or spinning.
Imagine the mystery of the East meeting the science of the West. Imagine boundaries ceasing to exist. Imagine science and nature dancing together in perfect harmony. And then imagine Mandara Spa onboard Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Soothe away stiff and sore muscles with a Mandara Spa hot stone or seaweed massage treatment.
- Rejuvenate tired skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with a La Therapie HydraLift Facial.
- Medi-spa treatments are performed by trained physicians, including Botox, Perlane, and Restylane.
- Spend the day and soak up some serenity in the Thermal Suite with steam, dry sauna, a Vitality pool, hot tubs, waterfalls and heated tiled lounges that ensure relaxation.
- Other treatments available are acupuncture, body wraps and scrubs, teeth whitening, and a full-service salon for both men and women.
- Kids and teens can choose from a selection of kid-friendly spa services.
Norwegian Cruise Line pioneered the alternative dining concept and in the process, revolutionized the dining experience for the cruise industry. Unlike traditional dining arrangements that assign you to a specific table with either an early or late seating time, with Norwegian Cruise Lines Freestyle Dining there are no fixed seating times, assigned tables, or set dining companions. You can dine whenever, wherever, and with whomever you like.
- Each ship has at least two complimentary and elegant main dining rooms serving fresh, multi-course meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. To ensure prompt service, reservations for each evening are strongly encouraged.
- Plentiful buffets and serving stations feature pastas, omelettes made-to-order, global cuisine, salads, soups, sandwiches, meat-carving, poolside grills and tons of tantalizing desserts.
- Its vacation, dont forget about room service! Room Service is available 24 hours a day on Norwegian cruise ships. Enjoy breakfast in bed, cheesecake on the balcony, or a delicious dinner. Complimentary except between midnight and 5 a.m., when a service charge applies. Fresh Pizza delivery is available anywhere on the ship 24-hours a day for a nominal delivery charge of $5.
- Other complimentary dining venues* include OSheehans Neighborhood Bar & Grill, Blue Lagoon 24-hour food court-style eatery, and a variety of casual cafes and poolside grills.
Reserve a night at a Norwegian Cruise Line specialty restaurant for a memorable fine dining experience. Norwegian ships provide a wide range of culinary tastes and experiences from Brazilian Steakhouses to Sushi Bars - for a cover charge ($15 to $75 per person).
We recommend that you reserve specialty dining in advance. You may make NCL specialty dining reservations when you complete your Norwegian Cruise Line Online Check-in. Please contact your Cruise Specialist for more details.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines traditional American steakhouse, Cagneys, features the finest cuts of Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood, hearty side dishes and delicious desserts. Available on board every Norwegian cruise ship.
- Le Bistro, with its elegant art nouveau dcor and rich, gourmet fare is an ode to all things French. Available on board every Norwegian cruise ship.
- Dine on family-style Italian specialties like fresh pastas and pizzas in La Cucina, a Signature Italian Restaurant. Available on board every Norwegian cruise ship.
- Moderno Churrascaria*, an authentic Brazilian steakhouse, was the first of its kind at sea. Start with an impressive salad bar, but save room for skewers of slow-roasted meats carved tableside by the Pasadores.
- Teppanyaki*, Norwegians Japanese Steakhouse, is always a fun atmosphere. Watch chefs slice and dice while preparing delicious meat, poultry, fish and vegetables on an iron Teppan griddle.
- Shanghais Noodle Bar* is a Chinese Restaurant offering freshly prepared dim sum and fried rice.
- Other specialty dining experiences include Mystery Dinner Theater*, Carlos Bakery*, Asian Fusion, Sushi Bars and Nickelodeon* character breakfasts.
Children 3-years old and younger eat for free in Norwegian Cruise Lines specialty restaurants. Children 4- to 12-years old can choose from a complimentary Kids Menu or from the restaurants Specialty Kids Menu for half price.
Imagine seeing the open ocean and beautiful island destinations from the privacy of your own balcony or watching the majestic coastline glide by from an oversized picture window. You can also choose to cruise in the luxury of an Owner's Suite in The Haven by Norwegian - the largest suites afloat within an exclusive enclave at the top of the ship. If youre a solo cruiser, youll enjoy full-size comfort in stylish Studios, designed and priced with the solo traveler in mind. Whatever accommodations you are looking for, you'll find that spacious comfort and superior service are the norm on a Norwegian Cruise Line vacation.
Norwegian Cruise Lines family-friendly comprehensive youth program is one of the best at sea. The award-winning Splash Academy and Entourage programs were recently expanded to provide activities for children under the age of two, plus a wider range of fun for tween and teen cruisers.
NCLs complimentary kids and teens program is divided into two groups Splash Academy designed for kids 6 months - 12 years old and Entourage for teens 13-17 years old. The Youth Staff offer an age-appropriate array of organized activities including crafts, parades, sports, games, stories and parties, campouts with flashlights and tents, and cooking classes. It's like recess, only longer. Teens can head to their own designated lounge with vending machines, flat-screen televisions, PlayStation 3, air hockey, pinball and more.
You can enjoy a massage while they're on a treasure hunt. Play roulette while they're camping out, or head for the Chocoholic Buffet while they're having a pillow fight at a pajama party. If you would like to have a romantic dinner for two, or see a late-night comedy show, kids are able to hang at Late Night Fun Zone open every night until 1:00am for a small fee. Want some alone time while in port? Then drop off your kids at Port Play for free (small fee during lunch and dinner hours). There is no in-room babysitting available on a Norwegian cruise ship.
Norwegian Cruise Line has teamed up with the #1 entertainment brand for kids to take family cruising to a whole new level. With Nickelodeon, exclusively on Norwegian Cruise Line, they are offering one-of-a-kind family activities year-round aboard Norwegian Jewel. It's the ideal vacation where parents relax, kids play and families connect.
Latitudes Rewards is Norwegians way of saying thank you to its most loyal past guests. Members enjoy exclusive onboard benefits, special offers and more.
Norwegian Cruise Lines Latitudes Rewards program membership is complimentary to all Norwegian cruise guests, all you need to do is cruise at least one time with Norwegian, enroll and activate your membership online!
Earn one cruise point for every cruise night you sail with NCL, and DOUBLE the points if you book a Suite or The Haven, book nine months or more in advance, or if you book with one of the Latitudes Insider Offers. There are four tier status levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. As your points grow, so do your benefits and tier level.
If you are Latitudes Member, please let your Cruise Specialist know at the time of your reservation so we can make sure to check for possible discounts and complimentary upgrades.
Please note: If you or a family member requires special assistance during your cruise, please do not book your cruise online. Instead, call our office and speak with a dedicated Cruise Specialist. Our agents will help you find the accommodations best suited to your needs and work out the details to make your trip a wonderful experience.
As one of the most accessible-friendly cruise lines at sea, Norwegian Cruise Lines goal is to extend the fun and excitement of Freestyle cruising to everyone.
Norwegian Cruise Line ships have up to 27 staterooms per ship that are wheelchair accessible with grab bars throughout the bathrooms, raised beds, adjustable hanging rods in closets, sinks and toilets, shower seats and extra wide doors for easy access. Five of their ships have alarm pull rods in bathrooms and alarm buttons beside the beds.
- Norwegian Cruise Line welcomes all service animals. For example, guests who have loss of vision or are blind sail with seeing-eye dogs will be provided a doggie box, which is changed daily by NCL personnel. Additionally, an NCL crewmember will tour the ship with the passenger on the first day to help them get their bearings.
- Many Norwegian ships have Braille indicators in the elevators as well as stateroom numbers in Braille text, and closed captioning TV available.
- Three NCL ships have staterooms for guests who are hard of hearing or deaf that include vibrating alarm clocks and an indicating light system that includes fire alarms, doorbells, smoke detectors and telephones to alert passengers.
- Those ships that do not have staterooms designated for the guests who are hard of hearing or deaf, do provide TDD kits, which contain smoke detectors, door knock alerts, wake-up systems and a telephone alert.
- All ships have accessible restrooms in a variety of public spaces.
- Many Norwegian ships have dedicated wheelchair positions in the main theaters. If not dedicated, wheel chair seating can be arranged.
- Norwegian Cruise Line can accommodate other needs including oxygen, special medical dietary needs, and diabetes, as well as those with cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities. Advance notice is helpful to the onboard staff by contacting your Cruise Specialist.
- At some ports, the ship will anchor off shore, and guests are taken to shore by small boats called tenders. Even if the ship is scheduled to dock at a pier, it can change to tendering. Guests with assistive devices who are unable to take a few steps will be unable to board tenders unless roll-on capability is available. Please contact your Cruise Specialist for a list of tendering ports.
What are you waiting for? Start planning your Norwegian Cruise Line vacation today. You can book online or call us to speak to one of our Cruise Specialists.